Optimise manganese processing, stock inventories, and product portfolio with Collaborative Mathematical Optimisation (CMO)
Simultaneous optimisation of process feed control strategies, stock inventories, and product portfolio using BlendOpt
To remain competitive, respond quickly to changes in market conditions, and maximise revenue outcomes it is important to consider a holistic strategy for value creation as well as improve the coordination of operations planning across the mining value-chain.
Plans for processing, stockpiling, satisfying contractual requirements and product portfolio optimisation are difficult to align with enterprise objectives if each planning activity is developed separately instead of holistically. In practice, value-chain optimisation is only achievable through integrated planning. By integrated planning, we mean coordinated planning of decisions between mining, processing, logistics, and sales. While the importance of integrated planning is recognised, its execution is difficult without the right tools to support this process.
BlendOpt is the first mathematical optimisation software tool that supports complete integrated planning of sales and manganese value-chain strategies. Starting with a mine schedule, BlendOpt discovers strategies for how product should be processed, blended, and allocated to different product concentrates with the objective of maximising profit while satisfying contract specifications. Mathematically optimised plans are created using algorithms that test thousands of possible plans in search of the highest profit from the data provided.
Previous mine value-chain optimisation software has historically been unable to accurately model the problem and did not contain algorithmic techniques that could solve the problem in a timely fashion or address the multitude of mining value-chain constraints. In addition, any results generated were difficult to analyse thereby limiting what insights could be gained to inform practical improvements to business strategy, or tactical and operational decision making.
BlendOpt for manganese mining and processing
The BlendOpt solution has been engineered to manage the complexity of the manganese value-chain and can support decision making in the following areas :-
- In recent years Manganese ore price volatility has been quite high - BlendOpt can help manage volatility by supporting decision makers within the operation to make high quality cost-effective decisions in the context of unpredictable changes in prices that lead to dependable quality outcomes.
- Manganese operations can have an unnecessary level of complexity in their stock yards, with BlendOpt's Collaborative Mathematical Optimiser (CMO) it is possible to discover ROM stockpiling strategies which simplify reserving decisions and eliminate complexity while still providing robust quality control.
- BlendOpt can generate schedules and plans that support feed streams to processing plants that satisfy operational constraints.
- BlendOpt aligns multi-time horizon contracts (e.g. 1 year to 5 year contracts), and integrates these contractual obligations with scheduled activities.
- Satisfy all of your value-chain quality constraints including Mn, Fe, P, SiO2, CaO, Mg:Fe Ratio constraints, and many others that impact processing, while minimising the impact of sale price penalties - BlendOpt can incorporate complex penalty functions and quality constraints and discover integrated schedules and plans that maximise revenue potential of your operation.
- BlendOpt can do all of the above, and much more simultaneously, so decisions for one objective are not in opposition to another at different decision points or points in time, but align silos across the operation.
Make high-quality decisions
BlendOpt value-chain optimisation platform
Do you find your current short, medium, and long term planning could be more effective?
Do you spend too much time reconciling actuals with forecasts?
Do your planning and scheduling tools support multi-disciplinary coordination?
Do your planning activities allow you to analyse opportunities and implement changes that unlock additional value?
Do your scheduling activities allow you to co-ordinate and synchronise up and downstream?
Does your business have the best tools to synchronise planning processes with operations?
Are you able to effectively reconcile short term plans with the long term?
Do your planning activities allow you to de-risk operational bottlenecks and capacity constraints?
What can BlendOpt do for you?
Automatically explore thousands of scenarios.
Generate forecasts and measure their value based on tonnage, revenue, cost reduction.
Digital Twin your operation and optimise schedules and plans based on a multitude of constraints and objectives, and formulas.
Optimise for any defined objective.
Satisfy all of your hard constraints.
Prescriptive actionable analytics and understandable plans that make sense.
replace your spreadsheet planning and scheduling with a web-based multi-user application with configurable dashboards.
Unlock latent value
Our customers are discovering Increased profit potential of 5% to 18% over their current planning and scheduling processes with BlendOpt.
For your role
BlendOpt has been engineered with a diversity of specialist roles in mind, whether you work in technical services, marketing and logistics or commodity trading, BlendOpt can address the workflows and the pain points that matter to you in your work.
Take control of the key drivers of performance in your organisation
Visualise material flows across your value chain with BlendOpt’s prescriptive analytics and interactive reports - understand the impact up and down-stream of decisions made within your silo operation and synchronise planning with operations.
Coordinate and synchronise
Coordinate your people with integrated planning and scheduling and take control of your operation - control and coordinate planning and scheduling decisions between point-of-origin, processing, stockpiling, logistics and sales using multiple integrated time-horizons from minutes through years, to life of operation.
Integrate and optimise
Quickly create high quality practical plans and schedules that optimises what matters to you - whether it’s haulage, rail, stockpiling, feed consistency, processing, product definitions or something else.
Prescriptive analytics for planning and operations
Mathematically optimise commodity, metals and mining value-chains and automatically generate prescriptive high quality actionable insights for significant cost reductions and revenue uplift. BlendOpt's Collaborative Mathematical Optimiser (CMO) works with you like a member of your team to increase the value of your operation by empowering your individuals, teams and organisation to make great decisions.