Role: Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Start date: Flexible
We are researchers, developers and entrepreneurs with decades of experience in
solving real-world problems. For 10+ years Paradyn continues to shake up the
global mining industry with our novel cloud-based technology. Servicing
domestic and international clients who span the globe our BlendOpt software
discovers 10s of millions of dollars in profit using our proprietary mathematical
optimisation and descriptive analytics.
Our continued success translating innovation to business outcome is pushing us to grow and we seek outstanding people to join our exceptional team.
We strongly encourage you to read this entire ad and to follow the described instructions to apply. This IS a test!
We know that smart and creative people realise their full potential when granted autonomy. We deeply value our people and their skills and input. We know they’re creative because they deliver novel solutions to challenging problems every day.
We know they have strong emotional intelligence because they place effort in communication to facilitate alignment within multi-disciplinary teams.
We know they have exciting futures because they self-reflect and invite opportunities to grow and learn.
Competence drives freedom. Our people are constantly growing and learning. They invest time to acquire and then apply domain knowledge to ensure technical brilliance translates to exciting customer results. Our people learn and build upon repeatable systems and processes. We continually innovate, increasing our responsiveness and our individual and collective success. Our meritocracy creates a pathway for you unbound by age, background or location.
Freedom comes from consistently demonstrated competence. Freedom to make critical design choices, freedom to work flexible hours, freedom to realise your potential, freedom to fail and improve.
We’re looking for talented and energetic Software Quality Assurance (SQA) professionals. Your important role ensures we maintain the high level of software quality our clients have come to expect from the BlendOpt software application.
Working closely with our Technical Delivery Team and our Release Management Team, you design and execute test plans and scripts, identify and report defects, and verify fixes. You develop and maintain test plans and scripts for internal acceptance and regression testing.
Additionally, you actively provide advice on best practices, contributing to and improving upon our quality assurance processes, in collaboration with the broader team. The test plans you engineer and assign to a release are designed with consideration for likelihood to discover issues that could impact the end-user, severely or otherwise, while balancing the needs of test-coverage and regression testing.
What you will be doing
To support delivery of our managed software solutions for our clients, you:
- work independently and as part of a positive and supportive agile team
- design and execute test plans and scripts to ensure that our software application meets client expectations
- work closely with the development team to identify and report defects
- verify fixes and ensure that defects are resolved
- collaborate with our Technical Delivery Team and other stakeholders to manage the test phase of a release, and to ensure that the software meets client needs
- ensure that all tests are executed and documented accurately and on time, and work within our processes to maintain traceability between requirements, Github tickets, and test case execution
- support development and/or upkeep of user-support documentation including training materials, user stories and user manuals, and actively drive testing best practices.
Technical requirementsWe’re seeking a technically experienced individual with a tertiary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, who has some years of practical experience of software testing. You can demonstrate experience in many or all the following:
- a passionate interest in breaking software and illuminating defects
- some years as a software QA professional or similar role
- testing mathematical optimisation systems or software of a similar complexity
- familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- demonstrated clever and creative approach to discovering bugs and software defects
- practical experience in test case design using a variety of techniques and methods
- experience with performance testing
- Python experience and test-automation experience with Selenium, or other tools
- highly developed verbal and written communication skills applied to ensure alignment and rapidly further understanding
- well-developed collaboration skills to enable desired outcomes within the team as well as independently
Terms and remuneration
Negotiable starting salary, contract or full-time or part-time role, and flexible hours. Payment is every two weeks. Preference will be put toward applicants who have working rights in Australia.
To be considered, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCESS DESCRIBED BELOW.
1. Read the ad fully
2 Combine into ONE PDF your cover letter and your CV.
- Tell us why you fit with us.
- Explain in your own words, both the similarities AND the differences between test execution and “a passionate interest in breaking software” and why both are essential to SQA
- Explain how creativity is critical to effective SQA
- No more than 4 pages total please
4. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reference Web-SQA-[Insert Your Last Name]
Those who are shortlisted will be contacted. We're grateful in your interest in Paradyn Systems.