Role: Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
Start date: Flexible
We are researchers, developers and entrepreneurs with decades of experience in
solving real-world problems. For 10+ years Paradyn continues to shake up the
global mining industry with our novel cloud-based technology. Servicing
domestic and international clients who span the globe our BlendOpt software
discovers 10s of millions of dollars in profit using our proprietary mathematical
optimisation and descriptive analytics.
Our continued success translating innovation to business outcome is pushing us to grow and we seek outstanding people to join our exceptional team.
We strongly encourage you to read this entire ad and to follow the described instructions to apply. This IS a test!
We know that smart and creative people realise their full potential when granted autonomy. We deeply value our people and their skills and input. We know they’re creative because they deliver novel solutions to challenging problems every day.
We know they have strong emotional intelligence because they place effort in communication to facilitate alignment within multi-disciplinary teams.
We know they have exciting futures because they self-reflect and invite opportunities to grow and learn.
Competence drives freedom. Our people are constantly growing and learning. They invest time to acquire and then apply domain knowledge to ensure technical brilliance translates to exciting customer results. Our people learn and build upon repeatable systems and processes. We continually innovate, increasing our responsiveness and our individual and collective success. Our meritocracy creates a pathway for you unbound by age, background or location.
Freedom comes from consistently demonstrated competence. Freedom to make critical design choices, freedom to work flexible hours, freedom to realise your potential, freedom to fail and improve.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Software Engineer, with demonstrated development experience in critical in-production environments.
Yours is an important role working on new features and enhancing other functionalities for our 'always-up' client-facing flagship product, BlendOpt.
Accordingly, your responsibilities encompass all aspects of software development in these live environments (user interface, backend, storage, middleware, optimisation and machine learning algorithms) as well as operations (dev ops, monitoring, troubleshooting).
What you will be doing
To deliver our managed software solutions for our mining-industry clients, you:
- Work independently within a positive and supportive agile team.
- Enjoy getting exposure to new technologies.
- Solve problems, create new features, fix bugs, and provide support.
- Write testable, modular code and perform code reviews using best practices.
- Deploy software to cloud infrastructure (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCE, or locally hosted server farms) using automated CI/CD.
- Learn about Paradyn and BlendOpt to actively participate in aspects of the solution delivery process, including solution ideation and design, delivery, and support.
- Demonstrate passion and an understanding of the critical nature of production software development.
We’re seeking a technically experienced individual. You can demonstrate experience in many or all of the following:
- Linux/Unix-based operating systems
- Back-end: Python and Python web programming, middlewares, database management systems, Python data science libraries such as NumPy and Pandas, and modern virtualization and container systems, RestFUL APIs, and WebSockets
- Nice to haves: Experience with compiler construction and distributed computing, plus active participation in open-source projects and code to show
Terms and remuneration
Negotiable starting salary, full time role and flexible hours (primarily aligned with AEST). Payment is every two weeks.
To be considered, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCESS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- Read the ad and this application process fully.
- Combine your cover letter and your CV into ONE PDF.
- Tell us why you fit with us. Please keep it to no more than 4 pages in total.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference WS-DEV-[Insert Your Name].
- Those who are shortlisted will be contacted. We're grateful for your interest in Paradyn Systems.